VyOS has three release “channels”: nightly builds, monthly snapshots, and LTS releases.
Nightly builds are automatically produced at least once a day and include all the latest code (bug fixes and features) from maintainers and community contributors.
Nightly builds are not hand-tested before upload. A basic set of automated smoke tests is executed for each build ensuring that basic functionality is working. In addition we load arbitrary configurations to ensure there are no errors during config migration and system bootup.
Nightly builds are for you if you…
- want to help us test latest VyOS code
- want to check whether a bug is fixed in the latest code
- made a patch and want to test it before making a pull request
Go to the nightly builds page.
Prebuilt LTS release images are available to people and companies who help us move the project forward.
There are many ways to get access:
- Purchase a software access subscription.
- Get free access with a support subscription.
- Apply for a free subscription as a contributor.
- Apply for a free subscription as an educational instutution, non-profit, or an emergency service.
Or you can build an LTS image from source.
Legacy LTS releases
We also provide images of legacy LTS releases as a courtesy. Currently available images are:
- 1.2.9-S1 generic ISO image (signatures: GPG, Minisign)
- 1.2.9-S1 Qcow2 image for KVM (signatures: GPG, Minisign)
- 1.2.9-S1 OVA for VMware (with cloud-init) (signatures: GPG, Minisign).
- 1.2.9-S1 OVA for VMware (simple) (signatures: GPG, Minisign)
- 1.2.9-S1 for Microsoft Hyper-V (signatures: GPG, Minisign)